Exciting news! Hoppe’s Brain power supply boards for the GFA-555 are here!
These boards feature a number of improvements over the stock arrangement with the old-style chassis-mount components:
- Soft-start circuit reduces stress on components like switches and capacitors.
- Reduced hum, buzz and noise from the amplifier’s speaker outputs.
- Capacitance upgrade from 4×15,000uF to 4×22,000uF.
- Earth-loop breaker with diode clamp safety shunt.
- Amp is converted to a 3-wire, earth-grounded chassis appliance, for safety and better noise rejection.
- Surge protection MOV
- Snubber capacitors across AC side of bridge rectifiers
- Compact layout. Overall wiring lengths reduced, fewer mechanical connections, and a much cleaner internal layout.