Improved power supply kit for Adcom GFA-545 MK1 & MK2.
5 in stock (can be backordered)
Improved power supply kit for the Adcom GFA-545 MK1 & MK2.
- Two-layer circuit board with double-thick 2oz. copper traces.
- Improved star-grounding topology slightly reduces hum, buzz and noise from amplifier output.
- Capacitance increase from 4×10,000uF to 4×12,000uF.
- Ground loop breaker circuit prevents hum and noise from ground loops, while providing superior shielding compared to OEM. (Assuming you install an earth ground wire directly to the chassis as recommended.)
- WAGO cage-clamp terminal blocks make gas-tight, firm connections that will never come loose.
- Bridge rectifiers are mounted to the chassis for heat-sinking.
- Fits both MK1 and MK2 model amplifiers.
Note! For safety and best noise performance; Please install a 3-wire power cord, or power inlet. Ground the chassis straight to earth ground. Refer to Rod Elliot’s excellent article on earthing your Hi-Fi.
This is an advanced electronics project. You should have some experience repairing audio amplifiers. Please read through the documentation before ordering.
30 minutes free tech support is included with every purchase. Time beyond 30 minutes is billed at $75/hour. This includes time spent researching your issue, writing emails and talking on the phone.
I am happy to provide technical support, but please anticipate paying for for my time as part of the cost of your project. Tech support time is always billed, whether the issue is yours, mine or one of my suppliers.
Alternately, consider asking your question on a forum such as DIYAUDIO.COM. Send me a link and I may comment on the thread.
Documentation: Sorry, I still haven’t written specific documentation for the GFA-545 power supply, but it is essentially the same procedure as the GFA-535 power supply. Please refer to this document instead. I will be writing up GFA-545 specific documentation soon.
Also here are some excellent instructions that were kindly provided by a customer, who goes into great detail of his entire project.
|Dimensions||8 × 8 × 3 in|