Improved power supply kit for Adcom GFA-535 MK1. Fixes the hum and buzz issue with the 535 MK1, as described in my original blog post.
11 in stock (can be backordered)
Improved power supply kit for the original Adcom GFA-535 MK1. This kit fixes the hum and buzz issue with the 535 MK1, as described in my original blog post.
- Dramatically reduced hum, buzz and noise from amplifier output. (GFA-535 MK1 had a ground topology design issue.)
- Capacitance increase from 4×6,800uF to 4×10,000uF.
- Ground loop breaker circuit prevents hum and noise from ground loops, while providing superior shielding compared to OEM. (Assuming you install an earth ground wire directly to the chassis as recommended.)
- WAGO cage-clamp terminal blocks make gas-tight, firm connections that will never come loose.
- Bridge rectifiers are mounted to the chassis for heat-sinking. (Some GFA-535s die from overheated bridges.)
- Two-layer circuit board with double-thick 2oz. copper traces.
Note: The Hoppe’s Brain GFA-535 Power Supply Kit assumes you will be removing the “B Speaker” binding posts, speaker switches and associated tangle of wires, and installing a single set of hard-wired binding posts. The Hoppe’s Brain Adcom GFA-535 Binding Post Adapter Kit covers the “B Speaker” mounting holes, but if you should wish to retain the the B speaker functionality, it is possible to drill additional holes and install a bottom row of binding posts, though it’s a tight fit with other components on the power supply board.
Also note: For safety and best noise performance; Please install a 3-wire power cord, or power inlet. Ground the chassis straight to earth ground. Refer to Rod Elliot’s excellent article on earthing your Hi-Fi.
Here are some excellent installation instructions that were kindly provided by a customer. The amp shown is a MK2, but the procedure is essentially the same.
Update: Jan 20, 2020, I am writing new documentation right now! Ready soon.
|Dimensions||8 × 8 × 3 in|