Improved power supply kit for Adcom GFA-535 MK2.
2 in stock (can be backordered)
Improved power supply kit for the Adcom GFA-535 MK2.
- Two-layer circuit board with double-thick 2oz. copper traces.
- Optimized star-grounding topology slightly reduces hum, buzz and noise from amplifier output. (The GFA-535 MK2 did not suffer from the same ground topology design issue as the MK1, but this board’s two-layer design further optimizes the design for slightly lower noise.)
- Capacitance increase from 4×6,800uF to 4×10,000uF.
- Ground loop breaker circuit prevents hum and noise from ground loops, while providing superior shielding compared to OEM. (Assuming you install an earth ground wire directly to the chassis as recommended.)
- WAGO cage-clamp terminal blocks make gas-tight, firm connections that will never come loose.
- Bridge rectifiers are mounted to the chassis for heat-sinking. (Some GFA-535s die from overheated bridges.)
- Board is shaped to allow room for the installation of large speaker binding posts.
This is an advanced electronics project. You should have some experience repairing audio amplifiers. Please read through the documentation before ordering.
30 minutes free tech support is included with every purchase. Time beyond 30 minutes is billed at $75/hour. This includes time spent researching your issue, writing emails and talking on the phone.
I am happy to provide technical support, but please anticipate paying for for my time as part of the cost of your project. Tech support time is always billed, whether the issue is yours, mine or one of my suppliers.
Alternately, consider asking your question on a forum such as DIYAUDIO.COM. Send me a link and I may comment on the thread.
Note! For safety and best noise performance; Please install a 3-wire power cord, or power inlet. Ground the chassis straight to earth ground. Refer to Rod Elliot’s excellent article on earthing your Hi-Fi.
Documentation: Sorry, I still haven’t written specific documentation for the GFA-535 MK2 power supply, but it is essentially the same procedure as the GFA-535 MK1 power supply. Please refer to this document instead. I will be writing up the GFA-535 MK2 specific documentation soon.
Also here are some excellent instructions that were kindly provided by a customer, who goes into great detail of his entire project.
|Dimensions||8 × 8 × 3 in|