Improved power supply kit for Adcom GFA-535 MK2.
7 in stock (can be backordered)
Improved power supply kit for the Adcom GFA-535 MK2.
- Two-layer circuit board with double-thick 2oz. copper traces.
- Optimized star-grounding topology slightly reduces hum, buzz and noise from amplifier output. (The GFA-535 MK2 did not suffer from the same ground topology design issue as the MK1, but this board’s two-layer design further optimizes the design for slightly lower noise.)
- Capacitance increase from 4×6,800uF to 4×10,000uF.
- Ground loop breaker circuit prevents hum and noise from ground loops, while providing superior shielding compared to OEM. (Assuming you install an earth ground wire directly to the chassis as recommended.)
- WAGO cage-clamp terminal blocks make gas-tight, firm connections that will never come loose.
- Bridge rectifiers are mounted to the chassis for heat-sinking. (Some GFA-535s die from overheated bridges.)
- Board is shaped to allow room for the installation of large speaker binding posts.
Note! For safety and best noise performance; Please install a 3-wire power cord, or power inlet. Ground the chassis straight to earth ground. Refer to Rod Elliot’s excellent article on earthing your Hi-Fi.
Documentation: Sorry, I still haven’t written specific documentation for the GFA-535 MK2 power supply, but it is essentially the same procedure as the GFA-535 MK1 power supply. Please refer to this document instead. I will be writing up the GFA-535 MK2 specific documentation soon.
Also here are some excellent instructions that were kindly provided by a customer, who goes into great detail of his entire project.
|Dimensions||8 × 8 × 3 in|